No Starch Press was founded in 1994 and is one of the most admired and respected technical book publishing companies in the world. Our independent company continues to turn tech book publishing on its head by opening new markets and demonstrating, time and again, that geeks still love print books. We value collaboration and creativity, we’re passionate about quality, and we aim to make our readers happy. We seek people who are committed to our ideals and who value quality in everything that they do.
As our founder likes to say, “We’re changing the world, one book at a time.”
We're hiring for the following positions:
All full time positions offer holiday, vacation, and sick time as well as medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer a 401k with match, profit-sharing, a retirement plan, and bonus potential. And we stock our fridge with food so you'll never have to miss lunch.
NOTE: When applying for any of these positions please be sure to tell us why you would like to work with us.
Please send all job applications to [email protected]
As our Marketing Manager you will manage all content promotion, drive brand awareness, and coordinate our marketing efforts with those of our distributor, Penguin Random House.
- Develop marketing plans and prepare sales materials and presentations
- Create, manage, and track marketing campaigns
- Advise authors on growing their online presence
- Supervise creative for ads, collateral, and other promotional items
- Develop content for consumer marketing including author videos, Q&A’s, and original essays
- Craft consistent brand message
- Develop strategies for targeting new markets
- Manage our social media presence
- Manage publicity. Pitch and answer media inquiries.
- Create monthly reports
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication skills
- A four year college degree
- 10+ years experience in the book or gift industry
We're in need of a Sales Assistant. You will primarily support our distribution team at Penguin Random House.
- Act as liaison with the Penguin Random House sales and distribution team
- Review sales reports
- Manage foreign rights contacts
- Schedule appointments for key book fairs like Frankfurt and London
- Maintain customer database and contacts in Zoho (it's easy)
- 2 years related experience
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to think critically and work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and a willingness to learn new technologies
We’re looking for talented freelance designers to design book covers and interiors. To be considered, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected].
We're always on the lookout for excellent proofreaders, copyeditors, and indexers. If you're interested in freelance work, please send an email detailing your relevant experience to [email protected].