"An educational triumph. It’s smart, it’s accurate, it’s comprehensive, and above all, it’s actually fun—a concept so many popular science books aim for, but so very few achieve."
—The NC Science, Mathematics, Technology Center (Read More)
"Abundant scientific information in a format that is appealing and exciting."
—NSTA Recommends (National Science Teachers Association)
The Spine-Tingling Conclusion of Geo’s Adventure in the Human Body!
Survive! Inside the Human Body, Vol. 3 concludes our incredible tour of the human body with a wild ride through the nervous system. When Geo and Dr. Brain find themselves inside Phoebe’s brain, they must brave shocking electrical signals and navigate a maze of neurons and synapses.
Will the dynamic duo finally escape? And what’s the matter with Phoebe, anyway? As you follow this up-close exploration of Phoebe’s brain, you’ll learn how the brain and nervous system work.
Have you ever wondered...
- How your body protects your brain?
- Why your leg “falls asleep” when you sit in one position for too long?
- How CT scans, MRIs, EEGs, and PET scans work?
- Why humans have such big cerebrums compared to other animals?
- What your spinal cord and brain stem do?
- What kinds of new techniques doctors invent to diagnose and treat their patients?
For ages 8+
Translated by Army Chung
Check out the other books in the series: